Weird issues when using logbook 0.9.1 + cassandra-driver 2.5.1

Description

I just spent a lot of time trying to track down why my cassandra connection would drop on connect.
I fixed it by reordering the imports.

I posted a bug report over here https://github.com/mitsuhiko/logbook/issues/142 and #datastax-drivers told me to add a ticket here as well.

Environment

None

Pull Requests

None

Activity

Show:
Adam Holmberg
June 24, 2015, 5:18 PM

Without digging into logbook, I will point out that there was a possibly related issue with setting up the default IO reactor, if something caused gevent to be loaded before cassandra.cluster is imported. See (fix is in 2.6.0c1).

you could confirm by

Florian Anderiasch
June 29, 2015, 7:42 AM
Edited

Sorry for the late answer, the result is:

versus

As you can see in the other ticket, hopefully some warning will be added.
I'm going to try 2.6.0rc1 today and come back with news

Florian Anderiasch
June 29, 2015, 7:47 AM

Awesome, with 2.6.0c1

and

no matter in which order I import.

Adam Holmberg
June 29, 2015, 1:45 PM

Thanks for the report, and thanks for following up. This confirms that the issue was PYTHON-289. Closing as duplicate, resolved in latest version.

Duplicate

Assignee

Unassigned

Reporter

Florian Anderiasch

Fix versions

Labels

None

Reproduced in

None

PM Priority

None

External issue ID

None

Doc Impact

None

Reviewer

None

Size

None

Pull Request

None

Affects versions

Priority

Major
Configure